Bunny TNT, which stands for Training, Nurturing and Therapy, was formed in Wichita, Kansas in August 2006 by Joyce Gedraitis, Terri Brown and Michael Webb.
The purpose of Bunny TNT is to:
• Educate individuals who own, or are interested in owning, rabbits and caring for them properly.
• Help people determine if a bunny is an appropriate choice as a pet in their home.
• Provide a network of local resources, information and professional services for rabbit care, i.e. supplies, boarding, nutrition and medical services.
• Assist the Kansas Humane Society and similar organizations by aiding in rescue and adoption of rabbits.
Bunny TNT also provides rabbit therapy programs to several non-profit organizations such as:
• Respite Outreach Care for Kansans Organization, (ROCKO Inc.)
• Wichita Public Library with the, Read to a Rabbit Day
• Starkey Inc.
• Kansas Humane Society
• The Arc of Sedgwick County, (YESS - Youth Education and Summer Socialization)
• Families Together
• Waterfront Inn - assisted living facility
• Riverside Village - nursing home
• Catholic Diocese of Wichita, ("Holy Family Camp, the Ministry with Persons with Disabilities)
• Down Syndrome Society of Wichita
• Arthritis Foundation
• We have had more than 500 attendees at our events since our inception